Countries - USA Uncle Sam - 4 dolls - 19cm tall - Made in China sticker.
I think this says it all for today when our family and friends in the good old U. S. of A. inaugurate their new President Obama. This set was given to me by my friend Jo who bought it in Japan.
did you see they had Obama babushka dolls for sale somewhere on the day think it was Russia though! I love the dolls and log in every now and then to see them.
I loved that they were made in China and bought in Japan when they were given to me as well... Wonderful world isn't it. Bec...I've seen those Obama Dolls, I've had my eye on them for a while but I'm waiting till they make better looking ones, the ones I've seen look a bit dodgey!
Each day I am going to put a photo of one of my Matryoska, Babushka or Russian Nesting Doll Collection (which ever they are called) onto this Blog. I am not sure that I have 365... only time will tell. P.S. The photo on the Header of my Blog is of the G.U.M. Department Store in Moscow where I bought my first Matryoshka in June 1970.
3 comments:
Ha! Very appropriate, Pennie.
I love that they are "American" yet made in China and purchased in Japan! Appeals to my warped sense of humour.
did you see they had Obama babushka dolls for sale somewhere on the day think it was Russia though! I love the dolls and log in every now and then to see them.
I loved that they were made in China and bought in Japan when they were given to me as well... Wonderful world isn't it.
Bec...I've seen those Obama Dolls, I've had my eye on them for a while but I'm waiting till they make better looking ones, the ones I've seen look a bit dodgey!
Post a Comment