

Aren't these absolutely awful, they look like angry devils to me... poor little Roos and I really like Roos! When I was working on a Sheep Station the boys found an abandoned Joey which was named Pete we hand fed it and looked after it, then the boys found another one which was immediately named Repete! :-)
2 comments:
Before i scrolled down to read your comment, my first thought was "My goodness, they look like devils" so i decided they must be Mountain Devils, seeing as they were supposedly Australian creatures.
Yep, I think that's what they really are.
Did you have mountain devil dolls when growing up? They were made with some sort of spiny seed (nicknamed mountain devils) and pipe cleaners, with scraps of tulle or other shiny fabric making their skirts. They were always on sale at our school fete way back in the '60s.
Hideous aren't they! I wonder why I bought them really and I bought more made by this same person... more Australian Animals almost as ugly as these. Not good! :-(
I remember those Blue Mountain Devils, they were so exciting to see in the shops when we went up there, we would be allowed to choose one to buy and I remember being so proud of mine. I did the same when we took our children up there when they were young... I wonder if they remember!
I wonder if they still dress them up?? Mmmmm I wonder!
Post a Comment