08 June 2009

Ladies/Medium - Brides - 15cm tall - 5 dolls - Signed in Russian.


Brides... how beautiful are these, they are very finely painted and feel like silk to touch, I have no idea what sort of paint it is because I have no other Matryoshka like these.
Forty one years ago today... David and I were married, in Guildford, Surrey. We are both Australians and he was off seeing the world... after about 6 months he rang me said... 'Why don't you come over and we'll get married or something!' so I said, as one would ... 'What's the or something?' by the time I arrived David had organized a wedding for the next Saturday.

3 comments:

Di said...

Wow, how romantic! - but what did your parents say?

Lindi said...

These are sooo beautiful! My faves so far! They sound delicious. A romantic set to go with a romantic story.

Pennie said...

These are very beautiful and feel so soft and delicate. They have the best faces as well!