28 August 2009

Families/Small - Lady with Straw Hat - 10 Dolls - 7cms tall - Signed in Russian



This is my very favourite set, its similar to another I have but the details on this set are such fun... the Mothers straw hat is very fragile and she looks so happy with her big basket of berries, the Grandmother is wiping a tear of joy from her face and holding a ball... is it a Crystal Ball I wonder? The Grandfather is smoking... Smoking!!! Bad man with all those children about and don't the children look shy :-) I love the belly button on one of them... this set is only 7 cms tall and is as light as a feather with the smallest one being as small as a grain of short grain rice! Such a clever artist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pennie,
This set is absolutely beautiful. Love the expressions on all of them, and cannot believe the size of them.
Judy B